Back Seat - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2002, 06:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Back Seat

Breaking into ATV's. Got excited when we thought we saw a rumble seat in a pic of a Honda Pilot. Since we have small kids, having a back seat really appeals to us. Is there anything similar w/o having to go to the size of a dune buggy which will facilitate more than one person? If not, which non-street ATV would be best for carrying a passenger?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2002, 12:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Back Seat

How many kids ya got?I would say a Honda Four-trax 400,or a Polaris Magnum 325.It all depends on if you want speed or power,or both you could go with the Polaris Sportsman 700twin.But I am sure that is like out of mind cause they cost like 6,000 to 9,000 dollars

Hondas rule,can't argue with that
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2002, 12:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How many kids ya got?I would say a Honda Four-trax 400,or a Polaris Magnum 325.It all depends on if you want speed or power,or both you could go with the Polaris Sportsman 700twin.But I am sure that is like out of mind cause they cost like 6,000 to 9,000 dollars

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2002, 05:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2 girls, 4 & 6. Not really interested in speed, got that out of my system years ago. My primary focus is to provide an alternative to television for them. We just bought 12 acres of land w/ very interesting topography. Big steep hills, creek & lots of never developed land (with exception of the graveyard at the top).

How do most families break in? We bought a 90cc 4 wheeler only to find that it's too much for our little ones. Now we are not sure what step to take next. SUGGESTIONS?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2002, 04:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes,there are 50cc four-wheeler.The best choice to go with is the Polaris Scrambler 50cc.It is not slow so it will keep up with yours a little.its quiete.I had one when I was young.its about $1799.99.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2002, 02:11 AM
raptor_rider

if your going for hill climbs and mud puddles then I would go with the Yamaha Grizzly 660, its gat lots of power to get you up the hills and its got a big seat so uyou can put both kids on it and ride it with them and with a automatic trans your wife can ride even if she has no experiance, I have a quad for every one in the family but my mother in law, so the next toy is ( and I have all the parts ) a twin cylinder 440cc fan cooled golf cart [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2002, 08:01 AM
GTA

Go down to your local John Deer dealer and check out the Gators. They come in several different configurations for passengers and cargo. The will go just about anywhere a standard 4x4 ATV will.

Go big or Go home!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 11:11 AM

for something for a good price would have to be a honda forman s or es 450 those bikes are as tough as nails it has good power for a good price and if taking care of will last forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode