Help! Electrical Problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2002, 06:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help! Electrical Problem

It finally snowed here in PA last night!! Anyway I was riding around and I stalled in a huge snow pile. I tried to start it and all I heard was a clicking sound. I thought it was the battery so I got someone to give me a jump start. It fired right up and I rode about half way home then it stalled again. Same clicking sound, so I walked over to my friend's house so he could help me. He got his Kawi 400 and went back to tow it to his house. But I hit the starter and it fired right up. When I got home I charged up the battery. Today I went to go riding and the same clicking sound. I started it by popping the clutch, but everytime I turned off the engine it had to be bump started. Now when I hit the start botton nothing happens at all and the neutral doesn't go on and neither do the head lights. Here's where it gets really bad. A couple of days ago I washed it and it was below freezing the past couple of nights. I tried to dry it the best I could but I'm guessing the wires froze? BTW it's a Warrior.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2002, 12:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Help! Electrical Problem

hey I live in pa to,were in pennsylvania?What you should do is either get a new battery or charger.when your don riding,take the battery inside and sit it some where where its not cold.its only stawing cause the batt gets low in the cold.where in pa are you?

Hondas rule,can't argue with that
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2002, 02:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

45 mins NW of Philly. Near Pottstown.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2002, 03:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i live in york

Hondas rule,can't argue with that
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2002, 08:47 PM

my warrior has had some very anoying elitrical problems too..right now its battery is dead and its sounds like mine was doing the exact same thing as yours!! when i turned the key on mine the nuetral light would come on but when i hit the buttton it would click and then the nuetral light would go off...i would bump start it then when i stopped and went to turn it on the light would come on then i hit the button and click it would go off and wouldnt turn over....so i jumped it with a car and it fired right up so i figured it needed a new battery..so i got one but havnt put it in yet...so i would say your battery is toast

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 08:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Check your battery cables. Take them off the battery & clean them with sandpaper. I see this on my buddies warrior all the time.

'85 Quadracer
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 12:34 PM
GTA

Get it started, load it on a trailer take it back and trade it for a Honda. They never ever have any problems...ever... just ask someone who owns one they'll tell ya.

Go big or Go home!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 01:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DShutt,
In addition to removing the cables, also clean & rough up the battery terminals, and also loosen & tighten the other ends of the cables. A poor ground is often the culprit.

WANT TO KEEP YOUR RIDING AREAS OPEN? JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION ONLINE @ www.sharetrails.org
<font color=red> "When in doubt, gas it!"</font color=red>

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-664054-Mvc-006s.jpg (80.3 KB, 27 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 05:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys. I got it fixed, turns out the cable that goes from the battery to the distributor block (is that what it is?) was loose on both ends. I cleaned both battery terminals and snugged up the screws and it fired right up! I'm not quite sure how they got loose, probly because it vibrates like a b*tch.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 08:26 PM

if you are talking aout the little round thing that the battery cable goes into i think it is actually called the "power converter" i had to buy one once

GTA-ask anyone who owns a honda and the will say they have no problems eh? well after having the 300ex for 2 years its on its 3rd battery (one died the 2nd got flew out of the bracket) the rear frame busted from going over in a slow wheelie, the rear bearings exploaded causing the bearing carrier to get eaten, one front shock busted clean off on the bottom for no reason (now that wakes you up!) and the wheel hubs and axle stripped out...not bashing hondas, i think they are great machines..but they arnt trouble free..every machine has problems

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode