Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Polaris Ignition problem..Please help
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 09:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Polaris Ignition problem..Please help

Here is my Here is my dilemma:
Please note: When pulling cord sled is always generating voltage(lights begin to light).

These parts are expensive I don't want to buy the wrong parts.

Snowmobile: 98xc 600, 4000 miles.

2/15 9 am, Zero degrees: started fine drove about 6 miles, died. Started a couple of times but would then just die. Tow #one

2/15 11:00am +10 degrees: Went to dealer and got the spec sheet to test the magneto, etc. Everything test fine, still no start.

2/15 4:00pm, +20 degrees: sled started and ran fine

2/15 9:00pm -10 degrees: 80 miles into ride. Died just like before no start. tow #2

2/16 9:00am -10 degrees: Started once then died shortly after. Would not run rest of day. All test still ok.

2/16 6:00pm +20 degrees. Would not start. Took off CDI took cdi into house and let warm. Installed on sled started first pull. Pulled into garage did not ride.

2/17 9:00 +10 degrees. Started right up seem to run on. Wiggled wires going to cdi and machine would die. tested all wire/connector to cdi all tested ok. Sled would start and die for a while then would not restart. Took cdi inside again to warm for 20 minutes, Installed and it started and ran fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..
:
Please note: When pulling cord sled is always generating voltage(lights begin to light).

These parts are expensive I don't want to buy the wrong parts.

Snowmobile: 98xc 600, 4000 miles.

2/15 9 am, Zero degrees: started fine drove about 6 miles, died. Started a couple of times but would then just die. Tow #one

2/15 11:00am +10 degrees: Went to dealer and got the spec sheet to test the magneto, etc. Everything test fine, still no start.

2/15 4:00pm, +20 degrees: sled started and ran fine

2/15 9:00pm -10 degrees: 80 miles into ride. Died just like before no start. tow #2

2/16 9:00am -10 degrees: Started once then died shortly after. Would not run rest of day. All test still ok.

2/16 6:00pm +20 degrees. Would not start. Took off CDI took cdi into house and let warm. Installed on sled started first pull. Pulled into garage did not ride.

2/17 9:00 +10 degrees. Started right up seem to run on. Wiggled wires going to cdi and machine would die. tested all wire/connector to cdi all tested ok. Sled would start and die for a while then would not restart. Took cdi inside again to warm for 20 minutes, Installed and it started and ran fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome