Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - lokar kickdown adjustment
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
sloop
Old Hand

lokar kickdown adjustment

I am trying to get my Lokar kickdown cable adjusted properly. I have a 4.0L and TF999. I ran the cable from the back of the tranny to the lever like the instructions said. I used the stock stud on the throttle body for the kickdown (it pulls as throttle is applied).

The tranny still doesn't feel right shifting. I think it is shifting too late, but I don't have a tach to get accurate #s.

Has anyone gotten this combo to work well? I started out with it so that the lever was all the way forward at idle. I put a spring on the kickdown lever to a hole on the tranny bellhousing to keep it forward at idle. When I operate the kickdown lever by hand, there is no resistance for the first inch, its only about half way through when I can feel that the spring in the tranny is putting tension on it.

Is the spring not needed? Seemed like it was since the lever on the tranny could sit at about half-way and not be 'reset' to the forward position at idle.

any help would be great. thanks

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome