Off Roading Forums banner

Who's in snow country?

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  $maker 
#1 ·
Who\'s in snow country?

Hello Folks
We are getting bombarbed with snow this year, and the temps are staying low, so it just keeps piling up. here is a pic of how much fell last night, my truck was clean when I came home from work. Looks like about only about 6" on the roof, but its been about 5 times in the last couple of weeks...Geeez!!! Any of you guys down south wanna trade places til the end of March? LOL....J/K!
Rembrant

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Who\'s in snow country?

i tell ya what, i wish i had that problem. you know how at the first snow everyone gets in accidents because they can't remember from one snow to the next how to drive. well we get a bunch of snow, then it all melts and everyone gets dumb and then it snows like crazy again. causing lots of trouble on the roads. the other day were were up to almost 5o degrees and then 2 days later, we have about 2 inches of snow and still falling. i either want snow or sun, but not the two mixed together all the time.

#3 ·

ya it figures, the first year i have a 4x4 truck to go wheeling in the snow with we dont get [bleep]. All we have had is Trace amounts 3 times, each lasting about 1 day. thursday it was 65 and sunny
oh well least we arent being bombarded by sand and salt like usual. I prolly shouldnt have my snow tires on the s-10, heck there isnt any mud anywhere either.

On an off note, i hope we get any kinda of moisture, this could really hurt all the farmers around. Weve been in like a 2 year sorta drought. below rain levels each year. Havent had a hard winter since my sophmore year. Im figuring our water tables are gettin pretty damned low

G
#4 ·

I wish I could get some decent snow and below freezing temps. Right now it's a few degrees above freezing and always drizzling making it wet and cold, which I hate. I want snow and dry. Plus I want some ponds to freeze over so I can do some ice fishin'.

#5 ·

well, come on down to Illinois, guys!!...we have it all here. thursday after new years, we got 8 inches of snow!!...yipee, right? stayed cold for about 3 days, then monday, tues. and wed., steadily warmer until it got up to 62 degrees!!
this morning it was
10 degrees when i left for work. cold or warm would be nice, but not from one extreme to the other in 3 days

#6 ·

Let's see, blew the driveway off twice yesterday, got the wood stove going now, yesterday when I let my dog out in the morning she stopped at the door and looked at me like I was nuts, I blew my driveway off once today, shoveled off the incline once, it took me over an hour to wash my truck so that the salt was gone today.......yep, I'm in the snowbelt.

Have I mentioned that I absolutely HATE road salt? I think I could live with Michigan winters a HECK of a lot easier if road salt didn't exist.

#7 ·

I agree with AJM 100% on the salt issue, but change Michigan to Saskatchewan. We got one good snowfall worthy of firing up the snowblower, which hasn't been run in a couple years from lack of snow. 8-10" I'd say, but that damn snowblower didn't run worth [bleep], all surgy. Anyways, that fell then they salted the hell out of it after they finished plowing it, then a few days of above freezing followed, with some crazy freezing rain, now we're in to the MINUS 30 DEGRESS CELSIUS!!! Brrrrrrr.

#8 ·

I dont know about snow country but this year we have had our share of bad weather including lots of snow. On x-mas alone we got 9" and nothing was moving except 4x4. I had to take my lady out to a party in the ZUK and she wanted me to stop and take a pic.

#9 ·

Where you at CJBEN? Here in Peoria the most we've got is 3" and it's usually gone the next day. All the snow seems to keep going south of here. Really sucks cause I want to take my truck out and have some fun.

I guess I'll have to wait until April when we'll probably get 12" of snow in a day. Gotta love Illinois weather.

G
#10 ·

before xmas we had a couple 3 or 4 inch storms. xmas eve we got 2 inches, xmas day we got 21 inches. i wreck truck and then 2 days later we get a forcasted 15-18 inches. we getsnow fluries now and lawns have snow but ntt alot any more. if you want snow just go to the malls or walmart and find it in the parkinglot. also the city streets in the nearyby town of hazleton are still coverd pretty much too much snow and removal is slow.

theo

#12 ·

I am in Quincy....yeah it's been wierd...my ex lives about 25 miles away from here in Missouri, and they only got about 3 inches, also...just a small band thru here got between 6 and 8 inches

#13 ·

CJBEN ...i like your flag remark....
.. nothing would be better than to see a flag burning scumbag doing the "stop, drop and roll" down the street . i wouldnt waste the urine to put them out either ....Von Warner

#15 ·

I love the snow. Nothing better than drivin down the road to pull out some retard who think 4X4 means you can go fast as sh!t. 4X4 does nothing for stopping. I love when I pull out other 4X4 in the ditches. I'll have to post some pics whne I come across more retards this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.