Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Prepping for Herculiner do not like what I found
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2002, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
itsaposcj5

Prepping for Herculiner do not like what I found

Sorry for this but I had to vent to some one that would understand what pain I am going through. None of my friends are into cars or Jeeps and they know nothing about them. So, I started prepping my tub for Herculiner today and I noticed that I have tons of surface rust that I need to remove before I can spray the tub. I think I am going to take the paint off all around the surface rust and then spray some Corlus or POR 15 then prep for the Herculiner. I spent all day taking paint off the inside of my tub with a 4 inch angle grinder and a wire wheel. Boy, do my hand and back hurt. I think that tomorrow I should be able to finish up the paint removal and then I can spray the POR 15 on Sat. And here all along I thought my tub was so clean. Now I know that the previous owner only covered up all the problems with paint. I shall get some pics posted once I have some thing to show for all my work.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome