Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Need Advice on Axle Upgrades
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2002, 01:04 PM
jeepsr4ever
Addict

Re: Need Advice on Axle Upgrades

axle upgrades...whew! Lots of options, If you want wide, cj10's came with a 75" rear dana 70 with 4:88 and a powerlock, these axles had a 40,000 lb towing capacity, great for wide swaps, as far as the front goes i would put time into a scout front, the outer knuckles are different the caster and old jeep narrow track dana 44 front are only 1.5"s wider than a wide track front end, I have a set of dana 70's ill sell ya they are 4:88 with a power lock rear but the front is closed knuckle, looking for about $400 for these, Really you can swap any axle under your jeep, heck ive swapped top loaders and napco axle in jeep frames with success, remeber to consider spring width and purches, on frame and spring, Measure twice cut once. Dont be afraid to run 6 or 8 bolt rims, the more the bolts the heavier the tire you can run, ive had 44's with 5 on 5.5 and i ruined my rims from the lugs loosening up. good luck brother,,,, GO GO JEEP

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome