Off Roading Forums banner

Here goes with the lift questions

567 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  froggy 
#1 ·
Ok I know we have bet the he!! out of the subject and I think I have read all of the post but here goes. I would like for all of you that are lift to list what components and by what company you got them from ie ... lift springs shocks steering and so on and of any problems you have had with anything I am going to be buying a 4 in suspension lift in jan or febuarary and would like to buy everything I will need at once with out having to buy stuff I dont need (I will ne getting extended radius arms) and doing it right the first time

#2 ·
Re: my lift

Well, i have the 6" superlift kit that everyone seems to hate. Works good for me. Extended radius arms, and add-a-leaf. I have skyjacker extended steel lines, and i have skyjacker's 4° shims (to avoid stacking both blocks) in the rear to fix the pinion angle. So far, my kit works good on/offroad, although it would appear that my front coils are starting to settle already

#3 ·

Well you can search for my opinions of Skyjacker, but in my opinion, "to do it right" would be to get the extended arms and superlift steering system, but for that price you could have a solid axle under there with the Trail Proof heim steering setup and none of the BS that comes with the damn TTB! That's just an idea, if your heart is set on the TTB then it will work fine, but nothing pisses me off more than spending money on something that i have to redo a year down the road

#6 ·

Do it right the first time? That could mean alot of different things to different people. To me it would be D60's front and rear with a ARBs in both 4.88 gears and 39-40 tires.
I'm currently running Rancho's 4" lift with the extended radius arms and duel shox. (I used the shock towers off of a truck with the tow package) The only grip I have (and it is a very small gripe since the whole front end was given to me) Is that my tires will rub on the radius arms since Rancho's older kit didn't come with bent arms. (I think they fixed this). I did the rear shackle flip for the height and ride in the rear. I love it. I think if you are only going 4" that you can not beat this setup. The stock springs sit flat in this configuration and it flexes for miles. All it takes is the work to get the front hanger off of a full sized Ford rear leafspring out of a wrecking yard. You can get the guys to torch it off for extra cash but it could be worth the time saved from having to grind them off yourself. I was lucky and found a donor that somebody had already bolted to the truck.
- In response to the Superlift lift. We don't hate the Superlift, It used to be one of the prefered lifts here If I remember correctly. For some reason recently there quality controll seems to have hit bottom and guys are having all kinds of trouble and having to make there own mods to make it work. These are the three winners in my book right now: Dick Cepek, Skyjacker, and Rancho. I don't think you will go wrong with any of these systems. If you do your research though you may find that you can put a strait axle in for about the same price or cheaper than the price of the lift kit. And if you are going that route wouldn't that D60 look sweet under your truck?
NORM

#7 ·

Ok I am going to do the dick cepek series II 4 inch lift with exteneded radius arms and shocks all the way around (factory dual shocks up front)spring hanger flip in the rear. The only question I still have is will I need exteneded brakelines

G
#8 ·

I would get them if I was you. Front and rear. When I first got my truck the idiot before me put a 6 inch lift on but didnt change the lines. Man these things were stretched beyond what they should have been.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.