Off Roading Forums banner

instructions on welding rear diffs.

542 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
Hi, hope everyone is having lots of fun getting rerady for the x-mass hollidays.Does anybody know anywhere on the net for step by step instructions on welding up my rear diffs.is there anything on this site that I have overlooked?

#3 ·
Another alternative is if you have a welding shop nearby some of them can fill your diff full of either lead or aluminium. My buddy had his done and I think it only cost him around $50.

If I'm not mistaken I think somebody was offering this on this board at one time.

#5 ·
Honestly, If you have a welder then pull the 3rd member out and you will see how it works and what you need to do to get it welded solid.

I pulled thecarrier out of the housing and separated the carrier. then welded the 3 remaining gears together then set the left over part back in place and everything was locked solid.

Sorry, no pics

#6 ·
That's great I was defentaly going to take it to a pro to do the welding.I just wanted to know what part to take him? the whole carrier or just the right and left case.

G
#8 ·
Before i do forget, i woudlndt recommend welding if its a daily driver for one reason only. It wears out the splines on the sidegears pretty quik. Mine were shot in 6 months. The only thing to do is replace the carrier since you welded it all up.

#9 ·
Thanks dave I would be greatfull for any pics.I have 5 days to wait for my toyota carb to arrive.I may look at going in to the diff kind of scary lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.