Off Roading Forums banner

OT: Bad Emails

544 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  muddybronco 
#1 ·
Hello guys. Most of you guys know me and know that I welcome private messages and emails. If I do not know you please do not send stuff to my email with attachments. #1: I'm not going to open the attachment if I do not know you from Adam. #2: This especially applies if my Antivirus program detects a virus in the mail that you sent me. You know who you are so I will let you come to Jesus and say you are sorry. If anyone is interested in knowing who tried to send me bad attatchments please feel free to Private Message me and I'll be more than happy to share. NORM

#6 ·
Norm, keep in mind that there's a virus called Klez that's been around for a year or so, and it automatically sends itself to people's email addresses it finds buried in web page cache files and in their address book, so they miight not have intentionally sent it. You ought to shoot them back an email so they know they are infected, unless you really think they were trying to be malicious. That virus has about a million variants by now and it's been a PITA, mainly thanks to Microsoft and their insecure Outlook email program.

#10 ·
Sorry Norm, virus got my computer and was sending them out via cache files. Pissed me off, killed norton, disabled task manager, and spread like hell. Was left with option of reformatting.

If anyone gets messages just delete them, for your own sake.

#12 ·
Steve has a VERY good point too, Klez quite frequently disguises itself using one of the addresses it finds, so just because the return address is Jane Doe doesnt mean it came from her computer! That's what happened to my dad, who does tons of business on eBay, and one of the sellers got Klez and was sending out messages saying they were from HIM, so he was getting tons of returned messages saying that his message was rejected by some server's virus software, when in fact no messages were originally sent from his computer! That damn virus is a royal pain, and I'm sure it's creater is now regretting making it, since he's undoubtedly "that computer guy" in the family and everybody is calling him over to fix their computers that are ate up with the virus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.