Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - clearance on conversion ?'s and extra parts
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
farmerbobrainy

clearance on conversion ?\'s and extra parts

i've been trying to put my 383 into my jeep for bout a week now and keep having problems with a couple things. i need some info bout how far up to tilt the engine and how much clearance i will have against the firewall. i have an hei and i'm worried about this hitting the firewall. i cant place my old tub back on because it literally fell apart when we took it off ( broke inhalf). i'm mounting my t176 tranny mount through the second hole in the skid plate. should i move it up to the first set of holes? i would need a new rear driveshaft if i do. do i want to have any angle on the carb. mounting plate or do i want the engine to sit level according to that? i know this is alot of questions but i dont want to have to mess with this later. thanks for any help. i also went through my extra parts i'm not gonna be using. make an offer, i just need to get rid of alot of this stuff. 2 fenders (okay, a little rust, but no holes), hood (good shape) flywheel for 350 (its been machined, very heavy though 35 pounds), 258 engine and parts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome