Off Roading Forums banner

Sagging leaf door not closing?

441 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  86convert4wd 
#1 ·
Would it be possible for a sagging rear leaf to cause a door not to close? My drivers side door doesn't close unless i lift it as i close it. The hinge bushings aren't worn and it's only getting worse. I rigged it a few weeks ago with a piece of metal in the latch to keep the grabbers from opening so far. That worked for a little while but the spring is sagging more and more and the door won't close now. That's the only thing i can figure cuz they're one the same side. I don't feel like spending $200 on new rear springs so would an add a leaf or helper spring do the trick for now. I don't want to put a ton of money into this truck cuz anything i put lots of money into never lasts. The springs are 2.5 inches wide. They're the stock 2wd springs that came with the truck.

#2 ·
Did you ever fix the door when it got the S)(*%T kicked out of it at paragon? That could be a good reason. But in my opinion your truck is all kinds of twisted up and i'm sure that's not helping the situation much. Just look at it from the rear and you'll see. You know. Just give me a little longer and you can have all my added leafs.

-Joe

#3 ·
I got it to close right after playing with the hinge. The reason i think it's the spring is cuz as it gets worse the problem resurfaces. I spaced out the latch again today and it closes no problem now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.