Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - help milkey white oil in air cleaner?head gasket?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 01:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: help milkey white oil in air cleaner?head gasket?

I also had that milkey stuff, but it ain't blowing out (as I understood your does). Mine was simple good ole' oil in ari filter, but in that tube from PCV (CCV) to the air filter there was (almost) alway some decent amount of that whitey stuff. I did as instructed here (thanx guys!), opened the valve cover, cleaned (a box-full) of stuff outta there, cleaned valves, changed gaskets & tightened all back.
Now I don't get any oil in the filter. No sir, no more! And the white stuff occasionally shows up (in the tube), but only (ONLY!) when I stress the engine. Stress would be a long steep hill, or going uphill w/o changing gears ( [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and similar.
I think that white stuff is some sort of mixture of moist & hot-oil gasses, which get pumped into that pipe, then get cold travelling cos they don't get pushed strong enoug to pass all the way though the air filter. That's what I've been told, and seems pretty possible to me.
Opening that valve cover is a piece of cake (if you're gonna do it). Really, a piece of cake. You'll just get dirty (hands, clothes), but that's it...
Hope it helps... [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome