Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Is my 258 knock-knock-knockin on heavens door?
1. It seems there's a lot of guessin' going about what the problem is.
2. Do yourself a favor and buy a $8 mechanic stethascope.
3. Listen at various parts of the engine for the knock.
4. Where is it loudest?
a. Valve Cover - Valve train.
b. Upper Block to head - lifter.
c. Lower block - rod, pistion slap, wrist pin, or main bearing.
5. GET IT FIXED NOW.
6. This won't cure itself over time.
7. Spend a little now... rather than a whole lot later.
In any respect... it's best to know what you're facing rather than guess.