Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Norm!
Thread: Norm!
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 02:47 AM
BigNorm

Re: Norm!

I think they will all fit. 4x6 is good because it stays the same height as the stock bumper. I'm going to trim mine down alot though this semester. I've got 4x4 in the center and 4x6 as the outer (hey, it was scrap and it was free). You pretty much have to look at the material and visialize what you want to accomplish and then do it. I find writing and measuring help alot too. lol [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] I'm replacing my spindle type hitch with some pipe though. I've got some 2" inner diameter and some 2" outer that I'm going to use for this. I've seen this done and It won't bend and it's alot cheaper than buying one like you suggest. Just put the oil can to it every now and then. It may not be as smooth as the bearing type assembly but I think it will be just as strong and I won't have to buy any other parts. My 1" bolt I used as a spindle is slowly bending and It would flex alot when I would have the two fuel cans on there with the spare tire. I've seen the pipe design I plan to do on Mark Harris's rig and It was good and strong with no flex. He carries a Fuel can and a 37" spare. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I'm still a little aprehensive about the fender trimming but I figure I had better do it when I have all the tools to fix any potential screw ups that may come along. I'm hoping to retain some of the stock plastic wheelwell up front but am not sure if it can be done yet.

See whutcha done! Ya got me started already!

I also plan on making a roof rack with a spot for 3 bright lights. 2 in front and one for when ya gotta back up. I'm thinking of using some mild square tubing (small stuff) and some expanded wire probably 1/2". I'll look at what's available and what I can get a deal on.

I also saw a writup on a tranny skid plate that I may attempt.

You happy now??? lol NUFF SAID [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome