Off Roading Forums banner

Got my build sheet in the mail the other day.

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  MY2ND78 
#1 ·
Got my build sheet the other day, only took two weeks, anyways, thought I'd share what I've learned about the Beast with you guys.

It was produced 10/31/79 with the following options:
105" wheelbase, tach, bright grille-chrome,
GVW is 6,300 pnds, Reuseable filter air cleaner, automatic tranny, 3.50 locking rear axle, limited slip front axle, P235/75Rx15RWL Tires, Dual Mirrors Chrome Swinglock low mount 6x9, cruise control, air conditioning, am radio, console, dual electric horns, auxiliary oil cooler, super cool, radiator, heavy duty battery 63 amp, increased capacity fuel tank, Dark Caramel w/ Gold Desert Metallic Accent Exterior Colors, Chamois Fiberglass Roof, Rear seat forward facing, Cloth and Vinyl Captain Chairs-Caramel trim color, tinted glass all around, security lock and protection groups, landau tutone

See less See more
#4 ·
yepyep, well I didn't even know till I got the build sheet!, I thought I had a limited slip rear and open front from the stuff I read on the net, my front right hub is busted so I don't know how well the limited slip works, but I'll find out eventually, have more important things on the to do list, like saving up some $ to have my rear seal replaced and rebuild my engine before I start taking the beast offroad cause with my lead foot, if there is something that's close to breaking in the engine, with my luck it'll break first time I go offroad, so as I said in a previous post, the beast will be parked for a lil while so I can save up some $ to fix it up a bit

G
#6 ·
That makes no sense, Ford never offered a locker in the rear or front, if anything they're both Crap Loks which is as good as an open diff. Not ripping on your ride, just ripping on Ford.

Yep, the 9"'s got 3.50 gears.

I think it's funny they consider the 105" wb an "option" LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.