Off Roading Forums banner

blocking off mech. fuel pump?

339 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  southpawz 
#1 ·
howdy,
i have installed an elec. fuel pump to please my weber. and now i need to block off the mech. fuel pump port. i know spectra make one for a chevy 350, and it looks to be close. anyone done this? any advice? anyone got a template they can post or e-mail me?

#3 ·
You can buy one at the zuki dealership. They're cheap, I think about $3. I was going to buy one when I did my convertion, heck it is cheap enough but it was going to take several day to get it, so I just decided to make one. It is too easy not to. I had plenty of 1/4" plate laying around so I just traced a gasket and it freggin' work great, and only took about an half an hour from begining to end.

#5 ·
keep the pump there, if your electric one goes you can plumb it back in to get you home. I'm on my 3rd pump, luckly they all died off the trail, now I carry a spare

#6 ·
I never thought of doing this before, but is it possible to leave the stock mechanical pump in place and plug all the intake and outlet tubes? If the electric goes bad, their is the stock in place and just reconnect your tubing. Don't know if that is workable or not.(I think "Zooky" said the same thing, oh well, I'm old and forgetful and all that)

Jim

#7 ·
Jim, If you plug e'm the diapham will be burst when you go to use it due to the unrelived pressure.
You could however plumb the input to the output of the pump and leave the return plumbed to
the tank and get by. I can't think of any reason it wouldnt work.

#8 ·
Would be better if leaving it on to pull it off first and pull the rod out that rides on the cam then bolt it back on without rod in.Just put the rod in your glovebox so you will have it if your electric one goes out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.