Off Roading Forums banner

Shackle flip

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Drey 
G
#1 ·
I've been thinking about putting the Off road design shackle flip on my truck to get rid of the blocks. I just wanted to know if anyone out there has them, or knows of a do-it-yourself shackle flip that wouldn't cost me $180 (thought I saw something about it in another post, but now I can't find it
)

See less See more
#4 ·
I had a set for the 88-98 IFS trucks. Beefy. Well worth the money. You can do it yourself if you know how to use a torch, grinder, and a few other fabrication type tools. You do need to know what you are doing, and some strengthening of the stock brackets would be good too.

I'd just buy the brackets myself if I was doing the lift myself. I'm basically mechanically inept 90% of the time, so it's safer that way.

G
#6 ·
I'll probably end up buying them when I can convince the wife that it's not a waste of money since it won't be giving me any more lift. All she seems to understand is whether the truck runs and if it looks cool.

#7 ·
I plan on doing a home-made one.

Just tell her it's preventative maintenance. Tell her that having blocks on there stresses things and by doing a shackle flip it'll keep you from breaking leaves and universals.

G
#9 ·
Speaking of the home-made ones, I heard that you can use the front hangers and just bolt/weld/rivet them in place in the back. Have any of you heard of doing this, and if so do you have any more info on it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.