Off Roading Forums banner

Just acouple ?'s on vendor products.

515 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Bill4rest 
#1 ·
Just acouple ?\'s on vendor products.

howdy,
ok i guess only one company makes a panhard kit, right? is anyone else going to try? and there are tons of knuckle steering sets out there but breeze's looks the best to me, right? what do you think? then there are tons of different designs off traction bars, but breeze's looks the strongest, right? what do you think? then i just want to know why are there so many company in the last couple years that have came up and only sell what is out there on the market before they started their shop. i don't mean to step on the part time guys toes. hey i love the part time guys, i can order products that came from a vendor in cali and get in two days. this vendor know i'm talking about him. i like vendors that sell the other's stuff and make their own. and i love vendors that make me laugh when i read their write ups on the product, and even take time to bash other's stuff. and why is that when a vendor says they have something coming out that everyone is going to want it takes so long (body tub {thanks i don't want it now}), but only one vendor can make it happen, then some other should stand up, and make it cheaper. i bought my sammi because it was at a good price and i can change stuff at a low price, but when only one vendor makes it the price is higher. also why is that it seem that only one vendor, the one you call and the owner picks up the phone, is always helping poeple on bbs? why do the other vendors stay away? i know one vendor that doesn't come on here much because everyone jumps his $h!t for everything, Body tub man. and why is it that vendors don't always give you stickers when you buy their stuff. i love vendor stickers, except body tub mans, the thing fell off while wheeling. i mean if i spend my money on something i want to show the company that made the item off. or hey maybe i like to place adds for vendor's on my turck. SPOTS ARE FOR SALE. i don't mean to come of like i am bad mouthing vendors. hey the make the stuff i don't trust myself to make. i make good stuff, for my safty, but not for my wife and baby's safty, that's just the way i feel. i just like stuff that is tested and is known to work, because if i get hurt i am to blame. i just don't trust my stuff around my wife and baby. maybe you think i have only bought stuff from just one vendor, but i have bought from, roadlessgear, rro, nco, calmini, zukisouth, trail tough, spidertrax, zukboys, warrior, breeze, confer, asian auto, aftermarket4x4. so i have got to know many vendors and i have favorites, but only one that i can call home in ohio.

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Just acouple ?\'s on vendor products.

Sounds more like a rant, and a subliminal(sp?) bash

In reply to:

then i just want to know why are there so many company in the last couple years that have came up and only sell what is out there on the market before they came out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id guess cause some have the means to design, make and fabricate parts, in their shops(the leaders), while others are trying to pursue their hobby in the buisness as maybe a second job and just make some money having fun helping others from their home office and maybe just some are just trying to make a buckoff whoever and dont care.

In reply to:

but only one that i can call home

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless your office is your home, would you want people from your job calling your home to discuss work things while your home relaxing trying to get away from work stuff
Thats why there are buisness hours if someones buisness hours are the evening hours, thast just makes it more convienent to most of the people that work more conventinal hours.

G
#4 ·

IMHO-

Panhards are a great product but how many have you seen on Zuks? I see very few. I don't think that if they were a small percentage cheaper that many more would buy them.

We all need to appreciate that there are vendors to choose from...especially seeing as how small the Zuk market really is.

How many LWB tubs do you think the market would consume? I think zukers in general are very "thrifty"(and there is nothing wrong with that) but my guess is far less than 100 would actually buy one.
With such a small demand...can you imagine what the research, development, and manufaturing costs would be per tub? I would guess VERY high. Lower prices sometimes are directly related to supply/demand...but this is not the case here. In this case...if different manufacturers were to try to release similar-expensive products for such a limited market...it would only increase the R&D&M costs per tub ratio, and thus result in higher retail costs for the consumer per tub.
True, there are some products(where R&D&M costs are lower)and more manufacturers producing them would benefit the consumer.
That one vendor has even taken the initiative to try to come up with one for arguably the most "thrifty" markets...amazes me and I only appreciate them for thier efforts, even if I have been DYING for one, and have been putting off my re-vamp since the inception of the idea of a LWB conversion.
The explaination that was given to me by this vendor, is sufficient for me. Atleast...unlike some...OK one...they did reply.

Stickers are cheap...if you decide on your product purchases by the "customer service" or stickers(or lack there of), then I think your priorities are not in order(no offense here...just my .02).
Have you ever asked a vendor for a sticker with your purchase? Try it...you might be surprised. For every person that complains about not getting one...there is likely one that will complain for getting one.
I buy products first...then I worry about the little things.

That any vendor takes time out of thier day to come here and BS with us is an awesome gesture in and of itself.

To put things into perspective...have you ever tried building a 'nissan' or a 'monty'? Us Zukers have it great as far as vendors and products go.

I personally like ALL(but one)of our vendors.

PS...sorry for the long wind....

#5 ·

howdy,
i love all the vendors out here excepted for one. the only vendor i e-mail asking a simple question, and i receive an e-mail that i didn't not count on getting back with the reply that i got. i reply that made me check the way i wrote the e-mail i placed. and i must say that all these little companys that have come up in the last couple of years are a god send. then the little vendors and part time guys spend money to order parts in hopes that you will buy from them so that they can make some money back. and to let you know i run my own floor cleaning company. and it's hard as hell. but i do my best not to get my @$$ over my head in work. because we all know the money is good, but free time is nice. i know the market for sammi stuff is limited. i also know that safty items are higher priced due to need. but i remember company's out there that sold product that everyone wanted but have since closed the doors to move on. i miss higher heights. but remember one thing always, products are as only as good as the service that comes with them, even after the sale is over.

#6 ·

Gee....
I have only bought two items from 2 vendors since I started with Zuks. One was a LockRight from RRO cause he was the only one that had them at the time. No prob got it in a timely fashion. The other purchase was from NCO and it was DTech 8000's. Tim is a great guy with great service to boot.
I think any vendor that comes into the picture and would offer the same products as other at half price would not be doing himself a favour.This is a a captive market after all.
If you can't build it yourself or have it built, then you are a the mercy of the vendors. If on the other hand you feel that your getting the bone on the prices, start buying tools instead of parts and DIY! You don't know how? Learn. It's not brain surgery. My motto (sp?) is "anything someone else made I can make just as well or better". Time and patience, along with the will to learn are powerful tools.
If you are a member of a club there is usally someone who fabs there own stuff. Get to be his love slave and learn while watching and doing.
I do my own fab work and enjoy it. BUT if I had the money to spend without feeling guilty (reason being it cost a few bucks in material and a bit of your time), I would really like to buy and bolt on the parts and wheel.
Boy am I ranting or what?
Not happy with vendors pricing?
Become one and compete, see if you can do it cheaper......I still won't be buying anything from ya,......lol

#7 ·

I'm to the point.................who F'n cares! you see the products you buy the products. only some guys make certain things because they either think it's worth it or not. You want cheaper products? How about tring Jeep stuff on for size! Some things take time/money to make..overhead costs money too. To be frank I'm pretty fed up with all this vendor crap, I hope I'm not coming off to harsh but... well. Everybody know I make stuff, I'll take my bucket for exp because it's the most popular..... I started selling mine cheap to keep up with the "other" similar skidplate. Then I thought to myself.........self why should you whore your time just to sell a couple more buckets...... It's not worth the time spent away from my wife and son, I'd also rather wheel and work on my own crap then spend a all this time making buckets for peanuts. I used to care about everybody having my stuff..... not anymore, I feel better about a select few that have my stuff. It makes me feel like their different than everybody else using all the main stream market stuff...... And I like that.

#8 ·

Oh yea you say that you don't trust yourself with some of the safty stuff? Build/research/Build/research/Build/research/Build. Everybody has to start somewhere, you think the Tom and Eddie from Spidertrax woke up one day and busted out some cages?

#9 ·

I couldn't agree more, Bill!!!

I used to do work for people and always end up getting the shaft. Now I make the price with my family in mind. they want me to do it, great, if not who cares.

In the end you're absolutely right, no one respects a whore....family first, we only get one ride on this big ball we call earth!

#12 ·

howdy,
bill and shock you all do great work. i guess i started this thread, because at the time i felt burned. i bought something from a vendor, and got the shaft. it was taking for ever to get the part. then finally after 4 months i cancelled the order. i got my money back and now i'm saving for a better part from a better vendor. the panhard thing was just a ? on if anyone else was going to make a panhard bar. i have bought many things from tom and eddie. and i feel their stuff is great, but i was just wanting to know if anyone else had a spin off on the idea. i never ment to step on the little guys feet. i was just tring to say that i liked the idea that so many have come out in the last couple years. before it just seemed like there were only a handful of vendors to pull from. and now that there are alot more to choose from, and tons of ideas and how parts should look, feel, and funtion. now i didn't mean to make anyone mad. i just wanted to find out if there were any ideas out there of things to come. i do trust the things i make for safty. it just that i feel more safe with something that has been tested and bugs worked out. BILL4REST and SHROCK, i am truely sorry if i have made you mad. i guess my wording had some problems.

#14 ·

No offense taken by me. I actually know how you feel in at least one respect. I canceled an order recently with one of those big vendors after 4months too. More incentive to just make more stuff myself.

From my perspective, I try very hard to always set expectations correctly. I'm new to the 4x4 biz, but I have been handling customer accounts for many years. IMHO, setting the proper expectations with customers is the key to happiness for both parties.

If I told you something would take 2 weeks and it took 4, you would probably, and rightfully be unhappy. If I told you from the start it would take 6weeks and it actually took four, everything would be cool.

I don't pretend to have products ready for sale when I am really just trying to gauge demand.

If all my good intentions go to crap, and I get behind, I try to communicate PRO-actively and apologize profusely and genuinely rather than make excuses after the customer calls pi$$ed.

Seems awfully simple to me.

#15 ·

Jim,
I not mad or anything and your not on my toes
But I'm kinda getting frustrated with all the Vendor bashing, sure people have some business issues. I really and truly think they are doing there best, I don't think one would go into business thinking he can screw with all his customers and still have a business.
I got what you would say screwed once by Petroworks once. I ordered Power steering parts when it 1st came out and didn't show for 4 months..... I was pissed!.........at 1st till I thought, Bill you really want these parts. So either wait 4 months or not at all, 4 months is a hell of a lot shorter than never
You also got your cash back right? So really you're only out the time you spent trying to get it. We are all grown up here, one has to do the research for their needed part, to ask the questions "how long till you ship?" if he say's it will take 4 months then you wait or you don't order, and if he tells you one thing and does another.....well get your money back after that date passes.
What I do is once they give me a shipping date... I always follow up with a call to get a tracking number, if they can't produce? CANCELED

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.