Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - 81 Blizzard miss?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2000, 09:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 81 Blizzard miss?

Vince, I've always run the stock jets and still do 300 & 330. The one pipe is totally missing 1 big spring right at the manifold. How could this cause my problem? Ihave not checked the pistons because i'm trying to eliminate smaller problems first, and the performance is very close, it's just off a tick. If you stand and let someone else ride you can hear it better. It sounds like they are bumping the throttle, (zing, zing, zing) I don't know if its fuel or ingnition problem, but i'm running out of time here in eastern Pa. the snow is melting and i don't want to travel with it running this way. Ok, your problem, sorry but i can't help much. I bought the sled new in 81 and had the dealer install a comet clutch about one week later. After 19 years i don't remember too much but i did this to bring it out of the hole better and i am pleased with it. Also 80 mph seems a bit off, are you stating this is tops or it just isn't pulling hard anymore at this speed? I'm thinking you should be over 90 in decent conditions. Thanks for the ideas!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome