Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - 4wd Hardware lift kit for CJ.... bad bad bad
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2002, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Mel85CJ
Veteran

Re: 4wd Hardware lift kit for CJ.... bad bad bad

I dunno about the BDS, are BDS springs made in canada,? They said they were stamped "made in canada" on them. When they took them back the folks said "someone should have told you that our shackles don't work with our lift kits" - well, that is BS, the kit was also deficient of some hardware. They had no answer as to why they are so short.

They returned it for a refund, he was going to buy a skyjacker lift right then & there if they would give them a decent discount (considering the # of man hours they had with the springs), but they wouldn't give them any more than 5%, so they told 4wd to stick it & they ordered the kit from Quadratec. As far as OME, yeah, they are great but very expensive & you have to convert it to accept YJ springs, too much more $$ than the guy had to drop on his springs (the owner is only 19 y/o).

They don't care, and I won't buy from them any longer unless I am desperate & need the part TODAY, can't get it from the local parts store & then I'll drive over there. Its just too bad, they used to be good before they sold to the holding company.

-Mel

-Mel

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome