Off Roading Forums banner

Any thoughts on this bike?

665 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I've been kicking around the idea of either buyin a beaten up VW bug and building a dune buggy kinda thing or turning our ol s-10 into a prerunner kinda truck. Well I rode my budy's dirt bike the other day and now I say to hell with that crap, I want another bike! I use to have a CR 125 and a KX 250 back in the day.

So I've been reading through the bike trader mags and all but havent found anything that cought my eye. Then today while at the Honda house picking up my dad's new Shadow A.C.E. I found the new CRF150F. Man that thing is pretty cool. Just wondering if anybody has had the chance to mess with one?

They are pretty cheep and seem like a fun little toy. I'm not looking to race or make big air or anything, just something to fart around on.

G
#2 ·
a cr150f would definatly be somehting u could fart around on...that's what it's made for..it sorta like replaced the xr type line up...um....what was i gonna say...don't let crf fool you, it's not a motocross bike, but it still looks like a cool little thing...how tall are you and how much do you weigh?? that'll make alotta the difference...if ur like 180+ i don't think u'd want a bike that small....or if ur over like 6 ft i don't think u'd want it...it all narrows down try to find one at a dealership and take it for a test ride....

G
#6 ·
difference between the xr and this cr150, im almost positive the 150 rev's much quicker, has more torque, better suspension....i think im with you though, he shoudl go for something a bit bigger....look into a kdx200 or kdx220 man...

G
#7 ·
Thanks but no thanks, no more Kawees for me.

Like I said, I aint gunna race the bike or anything, I just want something to fart around on at the drag strip or around my land and stuff. And I dont want another 2 stroke. I think that 150 will do good for me. I'll take a look at that crf250 before I decide though.
Thanks for yall's opinions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.