Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - 87 solid axle
Thread: 87 solid axle
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 09:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 87 solid axle

I am curently finishin one up.I used a dana44 out of a 84 Wagoneer,it the same exact width as the trooper rear and has 6lug wheels to match.Im doin it because Of the 350 in the engine copartment.I will tell you one thing, its a PAIN IN THE ARSE.I used the amc 20 rear out of it too and did a spring over conversion too. right now I need some shocks and a steering stabalizer to make it road worthy.One of the biggest problems was the steering linkage. I keeped the Izuzu steering box but had to move it foward about 3 1/2 ins. to clear the tie rod.I also had to get a longer drag link end with a smaller tapered end to fit the Izuzu pitman arm.The front spring mounts came out to be under the front bumper and the back ones are right wher the frame levels out behind the tire.I still need a link to keep the axel centered to the frame also.eventually i will be able to get out and do some wheelin and brake somethin, eventually.Well gotta go, feel free to ask any thing you want about it, its my baby.

RB

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome