Off Roading Forums banner

SOR headcount.

844 views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  zukiman 
G
#1 ·
Weather for Rubicon next week looks good so far. Sunny skies and lower 90's!!!

Anywho...
I'd like to get a head count to know how much food to pack in for the BBQ on Friday night. Please email, PM, or just reply back on the board if you're planning on hitting the trail. Thanks much!
----------------------------------------------

For newcomer(s).
We have parked our trailer before underneath Loon Lake. After crossing the dam, there is a gravel road that goes down the hill to a large staging area at the Rubicon trailhead. There are usually a few other rigs parked there too.

Wed night the group will be camped at the lower Bassi Falls area. This is about 30 minutes up Icehouse Rd. (dependent on how fast you drive). Immediately after crossing the 3rd bridge on Icehouse, it is the first right hand turn. We'll try to have some signs out directing traffic into the area. Basically, keep turning right until you hit the river.

We'll also try to have CBs tuned to CH 4 in case someone rolls in after dark and needs assistance finding the group.

We'll plan on hitting the trail from Loon Lake about 10am. This should give stragglers a bit of daylight to catch up to the group, and last minute gas/ice purchases at the "resort".

Any questions, feel free to contact me.

See less See more
G
#5 ·
Hey Glenn,

A big group will be heading in early with me, but we'll come back out on Thursday morning and meet you guys at Loon Lake Dam to join you back in to Spider. The headcount for our group will be 12 people in 7 Samurai's unless there's any last minute cancellations. We'd be more than happy to help you out Friday night with the BBQ. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again!

-- Geoff Beasley

G
#11 ·
Glenn,

We're heading in on Wednesday morning. We have a 2-burner and a 3-burner stove we can bring, but not a gas BBQ. Will that help? I'll test 'em out and make sure we're good to go with plenty of gas.

-- Geoff

G
#13 ·
I don't think the stove will work. Who wants fried burgers....

I'll see if we can pack 2 BBQ's. Thanks goodness for the offroad trailer.

Also just barely got my Bull Bar in yesterday. Going to see if I can get it fitted in time for the trip. Don't know if it'll work on the X90 though. Be nice to have a winch onboard and I have not had the time to make anything prerunner style.

G
#16 ·
8-10 zuks? Wow!

For those hoooking up Wed night. Word is that Bassi is closed. If you go to Bassi and find no camping or Zuks there, continue on up to Loon Lake and do some scounting in that area. Hopefully we can get some ground staked out and sign the road for those rolling in Wed afternoon and evening.

Otherwise, we'll just see everyone at the trailhead on Thursday morning for a 10am dept time.

Happy trails!

G
#17 ·
Glenn,

As I feared, at the last minute we had some cancellations and postponements. It looks like I'll be heading in tomorrow morning with only 2 or 3(!) Samurais, with 5 or 6 to follow on Thursday. We've got some food to contribute to Friday night's dinner too.

-- Geoff Beasley

G
#19 ·
Mark, if you want to meet us for the ride in tomorrow morning, a couple of us are meeting at the Ice House Road turnoff from Hwy. 50 at 9:30ish. It'd be great if you could join us! Otherwise, I guess we'll see you at Spider.

-- Geoff Beasley

G
#22 ·
Mark, there'll be a couple others who'll be coming in at about the same time it sounds like you'll be coming in too. Anyways, you're welcome to set up your tent near ours. We'll probably be kicking back at Spider when you get there, floating around in the water or tossing back a High Life. I'll keep my eyes out for you.

I'm headin' to bed now....getting an early start tomorrow!

-- Geoff Beasley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.