Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Beater pics - 31's will getcha anywhere
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
beaterchevy

Beater pics - 31\'s will getcha anywhere

Three weeks ago, crawling up a little hill - was a *little* more difficult than it looks

Two weeks ago, high centered on a bear hunting path - I guess most people hunt with quads or bigger trucks, good old 2" lift and 31" tires; they'll take ya anywhere.

I got outta here with the old high-lift, and a 3' pipe to push my truck up so the rear tires were on the ground and I could back down. I thought I was gonna get smoked by the pipe slipping out from between the jack and the truck - good thing it didn't this was about 30 miles from the nearest farm.

Last friday, heavy front end, 31" tires, river banks that got sloppy after the water level came up without my noticing.

Nothing to winch off withing 300', needless to say we dug for a few hours, used lots of Hi-lift and branches, and ended up walking out to get a recovery vehicle.

Isn't the beater's body in great shape!!!

Here's me and the makeshift ramp we made. Man I wish my suspension was flexier than my frame.

From the front

Man am I ever a poser

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome