Off Roading Forums banner

Big Double D,a few ????

949 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  superswamper 
G
#1 ·
What is the haps brother not much here..same ol same ol...Decided finally...Getting the new rig this Nov.2500 hopfully..dont want to be breaking axle shafts again.And am going to be slapping on another set of 39"TSL's..but,have a question for you..How tall do your 38' radials come out to on your rig..I cant remember if it was the tsl radial that came out to 38.4" inches tall or the tsl/sx's..i think the sx measure out to be 36.8 so..Wouldnt mind the 38.5"radials..especially if your pulling 50 thou outta a set..thats twice the wear of my 39.5.and they will actually balance...thanks ..Eric

G
#2 ·
Answered my owm question flippin thru the 4x4 rag..Tyres has a cart with their ad....38" radial is 37.1,and the SX is 38.3 tall..any word on the mileage of the SX's..my buddy ahs the 35"ers ona ford..but they wear is kinda crappy,his front end is straight shot.....

#3 ·
Hey eric, I had the 38.5"sx's and they wore pretty good and drove nice and they averaged 8 oz of weight each. The radials are a bit skinnier than the sx's. I have one of big DD 38" radials for a spare tire and there is good rubber left and they look worn evenly and as he said, theres about 50,000 on it...

#5 ·
Most are bias ply and do have flat spots in the morning however the steel belts in the sx tires help keep it round to limit the flat spots. They are a great tire with no complaints here. If you want a second opinion ask mopar mudder, he used to run them for a while on his w350 w/440- 500hp! He has 39.5" boggers now and with much more noticable flat spots i'm sure...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.