Off Roading Forums banner

Side View Mirrors

763 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  CJ7Taz 
#1 ·
I have recently bought a CJ-5 and it only came with the left side view mirror. Not having the right is bugging the heck out of me and I'm now poor since I have bought this thing. If anyone has any old mirrors they took off to put on new ones and have no use for them I'd be interested in requisitioning a pair, or just a right. Thanks.

#2 ·
I don't have a mirror to give ya, but just wanted to let ya know that CJ rightside mirrors are not like a normal mirror on a car. Most rightside car mirrors are curved, so you can see more area to the side of yoru car. The CJ mirror is a flat mirror that must be positioned right where you want to look. It's positioned so that you look at it through your windshield. Lots of people I know don't like theres, but I love mine. I have it set perfectly to my blind spot. It really helps. Just an FYI. Hope I made a little sense.

#3 ·
In reply to:

I don't have a mirror to give ya, but just wanted to let ya know that CJ rightside mirrors are not like a normal mirror on a car. Most rightside car mirrors are curved, so you can see more area to the side of yoru car. The CJ mirror is a flat mirror that must be positioned right where you want to look.
...but the convex is available

#5 ·
i've got the flat ones on my "new" 78, but i had convex ones on my first one. my buddies used to make fun of me and ask if I stole it from a 7-11. It was about 7" in diameter, but nothing got by me without me seing it first. I'd like to find another set of them. and yes they went on the same arm (the actual mirror mounted to the arm with the pivot thingie bolt). plus i think the round looks cooler with a 5. check a junkyard.

-web

#6 ·
From JC Whitney catalog.

Mirror head only CJ 5,7 & 8
13US5639N Stainless steel convex $17.95
12US5343N Black convex $11.95

Either side in black flat/convex with the arm is only $19.95

Just liike as OEM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.