Off Roading Forums banner

Brake ?

755 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  outlawmws 
#1 ·
I was on my way home today and began to notice the pass. rear whell making noise, like the e-bake was on. I got out to look at it and there was brake fluid all over the inside of the tire and wheel. I got it home and replaced the cylinder and but new shoes on it. I then took it for a test drive, the swme brake is still grinding! What is wrong with it. Thanks for any input.

#4 ·
Are you sure its not axle lube from a bad wheel bearing? If an axle bearing is going, you will get some noise, and it will allow the axle to either damage the seal, or enough movement that lube can get past it.

Jim

#5 ·
I know that the liquid was brake fluid, it was kind of watery not greasy, and the brake fluid was low. There was no grease present when I pulled the drum off. I was putting the two things together, the blown cylinder and noise. They both happened on the way home. Also when I step on the brake the noise stops. I was also thinking bearings, but I do not think so now, but I am no mechanic. This was actually my first brake job. I think maintaining a Zuk makes everyone a mechanic eventually!

G
#8 ·
Jack your sami up and see if the wheel wiggles.. if its slight its normal wear but youll know if its bad.. You can also spin the tires while its up there to help locate the noise. The axles easy to pull but the bearing looks like a beeeeeeeeotch to change.. ive never done it but looks like hell to do..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.