Off Roading Forums banner

Pumps & Pulleys ??

309 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  CrowHorse 
#1 ·
I'm replacing my p/s pump and have discovered some differences in mine and the replacement. Mine is from a 91 Kick, and is all steel. The replacement is made by KYB and is all aluminum. I really don't care what it's made from, but here's my problem. The replacement has a bent pulley, so I thought I would swap pulleys. First off, I'm having a hell of a time getting the pulley off the KYB unit as there isn't a nut securing it. Secondly, the pump with the good pulley does have a nut and the pulley is somewhat different. Even if I do separate the pumps from the pulleys, I don't know for sure if they are interchangeable. Does anyone have any experience with this?
AAaaaaarrrrrrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!
That being said...thanks!

G
#2 ·
just out of curiosity - is the mounting different too? (in other words - does it mount like mine does or the same way as the previous model did?)

On another note - did you find out about the cross over steering swaps?

!~pUg~!

#4 ·
It appears the the mounting is the same between the two pumps. What I also discovered is that the feed line from the rez to the pump looks to be larger than the one I have. The high pressure hose (came with the pump) has different bends than mine and there is a metal tang on the hose fitting where it meets the steering box. Geez, I thought this would be a simple part replacement...I should know better by now.....

Not yet....but I'll call Tim shortly.....

#9 ·
Thanks guys....back to the drawing board..... \
Brent, do you have any pre 96 steel pumps in stock? I'll give you a call....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.