Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - It is a Jeep....question!!!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 12:33 AM
FrenchJeeper

It is a Jeep....question!!!

Hello ,

I am going to try to give you as much details as I can so you may help me. My Jeep is a 1989 YJ with an AMC 258 engine, it has a Clifford intake, a 390CFM Holley carb with the John Nutter by-pass done on it. I have a Mallory electric fuel pump and fuel regulator. I have a complete Borla exhaust system. My ignition is a Jacob omni torquer and a Mallory Unilite distributor.

So, here is the problem. Every time I begin to drive on a bumpy road my Jeep begins to run rough and stall (not very funny for a 4WD car!!!). It happens in 2H, 4H and 4L drive (it is a MT 5 gears)...When I stop before it stall the engine begins to idle well, if it stalled and I restart it, it is a long cranking and it start and smell gas a lot...

So, as far I have checked my carburetor float level, and try to figure out if it could be an electrical problem (electric fuel pump), I put the Jacob off but it didn't change anything...

What do you think I should do, I am lost, the funny part is that on road it runs very, very good!!!

Thanks a lot

Eric

Ps, I am french so I hope my english isn't to bad and you will understand what I wrote ;-) .....

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome