31x10 bf goodyears
2in shackles
spoa w/ z-link i think
headman header
and about to install mid range cam and air intake

G
#6 ·
Nice, looks like what I just did with mine

Shame I couldn't have found a hardtop as that is what I really wanted, but the 'open air' effect of the softtop is really starting to grow on me....until next winter that is
!

G
#7 ·
That's interesting that you said that SPUDZUKI. I have a tin top yet I wish I had that "open-air" feeling. Even in the winter. I wonder if this is true for most soft toppers that want the tin tops?

G
#9 ·
More likely it's all of us who live 'up north' are interested in the tin tops while you folks 'down south' want the convertibles (your winters are like our fall and you sure don't want to be "topless" when it's around zero degrees for the daily high
!)

#10 ·
I have a hardtop and if I had a magic wand I would turn it into a convertible. I live in New England. You can always put on a hat and a coat and gloves (or drive a different vehicle) in the winter, but there's nothing like a convertible. I have owned about 4 of them (cars) and one convertible 4x2 tracker.

~daxe

#12 ·
i had a tin top first, though i'd rather a soft top so i got a soft top, and i HATED IT, i had it for less than a week after i finished building it, then i scrapped it for parts for my newely bought tin-top, and i love this one........11" lift and counting.......

#14 ·
I drive an 86 Hardtop and after a couple of outings where there was lots of mud involved, I was pretty sure I had made the right decision. The guys in convertibles had the stuff comming out of everywhere. They are also much easier to insulate in the winter, this is a good thing here in Manitoba.
On the negative side though is a lack of visibility on the trail, but that's what spotters are for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.