Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Steering Column
Thread: Steering Column
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-11-1999, 12:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Steering Column

Hey Ross, If memory serves they are right this time. I swapped my 74 R/C body onto an 84 frame. The steering column at first glance seems to be the same but after closer inspection the placement of the rag joint is different and the coupler also different. The 74 has the coupler and the rag joint very close the 84 has the rag joint about 12-18 inches away from the coupler to the steering box. There is probably an easy way to make it work but I just used the 84 column. I also own a 79 R/C the shaft in that is the same as the 84 I don't know when the change was made. As I think about this the frames are almost identical and the power steering box is in the same place the dash boars are also almost interchangable. If you used the tilt steering column and got the after market shaft from flaming river or borgeson it should all fit together propperly.Another point of difficulty would be where the column is secured to the dash board. You will or may need different bolts. The electric conection is something to consider also. Look at all components before you jump. Good luck Joe

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome