Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Daimler-Chrysler Wins there latest battle.....
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 09:28 PM
sloop
Old Hand

Re: Daimler-Chrysler Wins there latest battle.....

I definately see both sides of the story. Nathan, the guy who runs hardcorejeep.com has had a controversial track record for awhile. I remember I used to read the rec.auto.makers.jeep+willys (RAMJAW) newsgroup when he started the site. There was a lot of fuss over the "Jeep Babes". He had lots of pictures that were well beyond "soft core".

I think the guy just likes a lot of attention. DC sent him a letter, offering to drop the charges COMPLETELY if he would surrender all of his domain names that have "jeep" in them. He used to have the letter posted, I don't see it now. However, looking at his website now, it looks like he is finally cooperating and giving it up. He had registered "jeeprubicon.com", saying that he intended to start a user website for Rubicon mods and such. Naturally, DC wanted this domain.. badly.

If you watch the newscasts he has on his website.. the WRAL one was good.. listen to his accent!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome