Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Daimler-Chrysler Wins there latest battle.....
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
kerryp
Can't Get Enough

Daimler-Chrysler Wins there latest battle.....

D-C has pressured the owner of <a target="_blank" href=http://www.hardcorejeep.com>www.hardcorejeep.com</a> into closing down his web page because of his use of the Jeep name in the title of the web page.

The site did at one time have some pretty risque pictures of Jeep babes that might have been an excuse for D-C to jump on this guy, but he removd the pictures in an attempt to keep the page open.

D-C would not back down and used what I consider their corporate muscle to force him to shut down the page....I am a long time jeep lover, but I am truely ashamed right now to own Jeep products or D-C products for that matter.

I really don't like the way D-C pushes people around. Its one thing to sue another big corporation for stealing what you consider to be your trademark (the grill), but this guy wasn't making money off the Jeep name and I think its really $hitty of D-C to be suck *****s.

I don't necessariliy agree with everyone on everything, but I don't think he was doing anything wrong enough to cause D-C to take the route they took. You can get further details on the hardcore web page or on the Rockcrawler BBS.

But too late now,,,,I think I'm going to send them an email and let them know how I feel, this just takes something away from what I feel to be a Jeep owner (and Dodge owner),,,sorry I'm through venting now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome