Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Replaced the pcv valve with a filter...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 11:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Replaced the pcv valve with a filter...

Talked to a guy this weekend that has the same weber/258 setup as i do but he has almost every wire and vaccuum hose disconnected(except the "important" ones). Looked under his hood and he had a filter plugged into the front hole on his valve cover (where the pcv valve was)and one inline with the hose connecting to the carb on the rear breather of the valve cover. His engine ran fine when he started it up. I set mine up the same way (but I have the wires and hoses connected) and it idles a lot lower than it did before...around 200 rpm(not 2000)instead of 950 where it was before. When I connect it up normally, it runs back up to 950. Has anyone done this or seen this done that could give me a little help? Or do any of yall see a problem to this? My valve cover has been pushing smoke out of those holes and oil would eventually accumulate, going directly to the intake manifold, through the carb. That's my problem I'm trying to "help." Thanks alot
Tim

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome