Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Whew! Went to an auction...wot a trip!
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 09:56 AM
Nickmil

Re: Whew! Went to an auction...wot a trip!

Hey CJDave,
I realize you lived in the boil on the butt of the earth for quite a while, but please don't judge ALL of the West Coast by what you experienced in Kalifornia[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. I lived down there for 4 miserable years (with my Mom, didn't have a choice, I was too young at the time[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]) and I will never go back except maybe to do Rubicon and some of the other wheelin' spots[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. I was born right here in Portland and love it here[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. We have a little bit of everything within 2 hour drive. We have sand dunes, snow skiing, desert, thick forests, Farm land, and yes to be on topic, Auctions every Friday night here in Oregon City (you know, end of the Oregon Trail [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]). I've lived all over the midwest and all the western states and always find my way back here. People are as friendly as anywhere (except maybe real small towns). Biggest down side is cost of living and housing ( a lot of that has to do with the influx of refugees from that semi-Kommunist state you just moved from. A very sore spot with us Pacific Northwesterners [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]). Nickmil.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome