Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Jeep died coming home. Any ideas?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 01:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jeep died coming home. Any ideas?

I haven't been able to axcess the board through Shortwheelbase.com for a couple of months. What happened there?

Any how. I was just driving home and the Jeep died. 4.2 with carter still. All of the emissions stuff is long gone so the computer does nothing but I haven't taken it out of the loop yet by doing the Nutter.
It just died suddenly when I was slowing down for a light. There was a "burning electrical" smell and I found the wire going to the auto choke was all burned up from the carb to the firewall and likely beyond the firewall. I have lights and hazard lights, brake lights, stereo... but no warning buzzers, ingition, guages... I'm thinking that the computer may have just been fried so I will attemp the Nutter tommorrow and hope for the best. About 2 weeks ago, I cut off all the redundant wires under the hood that used to go to emissions stuff, just to clean up the engine a bit. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

The good news is that while I was pushing it off the road, I discovered that the awful metalic noise when I put it in 4wheel is just a front wheel U-joint. Hard to push it when the wheel won't turn.

I'll try the Nutter tommorrow, but any Ideas would be great.
Thanx.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome