Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Urgent Question about mounting a rear tire carrier
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 11:01 PM
cj5_pilot

Re: Urgent Question about mounting a rear tire carrier

Infernozx:

I've hit jeepfabrication exactly once, but plan to hit it again. Since I don't own a welder or torch, I use my father's equipment (probably why I don't own one--I can borrow any time!) The down size to this is that he likes to kabitz my jobs....and since I currently have my jeep parked at his house (I own a duplex, but my garage is all woodshop--he comes to my place to woodwork, I go to his to work on my rigs) he will sometimes go out and do something I mentioned to him I would be doing--but doing it HIS way! (when I'm not there so he can just present me with a fait accompli) The brackets were his idea, but I agree with them. If I'm really stuck and I've got some ham-handed inDUHvidual in a fullsize giving me a hand out, I don't want him jerking my reciver, bumper and rear crossmember out of my five. Also, I tend to build extra heavy. Comes from when I used to work on Cats and stuff.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome