Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Whew! Went to an auction...wot a trip!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
CJDave
Keyboard Implanted

Whew! Went to an auction...wot a trip!

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Here in the Midwest, auctions are a way of life, but being from CA I'm inexperienced since they are quite rare out there on the jest coast. I went to the sale yesterday to buy a set of acetylene torch tanks, a plasma cutter, and possibly a chain saw that wuz on the list, and came back with a pickup full of stuff no plasma cutter, and no tanks![img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I had to learn how to get the auctioneers' attention and to bid without letting everyone know I'm bidding, and I missed buying a couple of things I wanted (a Milwaukee air conditioning vacuum pump[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]),because of my inexperience.[img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] The plasma cutter brought nearly "new" price, a Miller 200 wire welder just like mine went for well over a thousand dollars, and the torch, tanks, and cart brought $350. The torch was a little cheapie. I ended up buying the chain saw[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] a 12" contractor grade DeWalt radial arm saw,[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] a couple of Milwaukee drills, an electric planer, a Rigid pipe cutter, an almost FULL tank of Freon-22, and other misc. items too numerous to mention.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jeepchick and I had a great time.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The next auction is for Jeepchick; maybe an estate sale kind of event; something with some antiques perhaps; Vickie was SO GOOD about standing around all day and making a zillion trips to the pickup hauling the stuff away as I bought it.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]Wot a trip![img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome