Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Exhaust Recommendation
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 10:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Exhaust Recommendation

I have two chamber flowmasters on my 88 Mustang GT and they are loud. Three chambers are supposed to flow just as good but are quieter. Borlas are stainless steel and come with a million mile warranty but they are also the most expensive. I would guess the gibson system is somewhere in the middle. Any decent after cat system should perform well it's usually just a matter of quality and how much money you want to spend. I also have 87 RC and none of those presitgious companies bother to make a system for my truck. I had a custom setup built six years ago when I was stationed in Europe. No Cat, Full duals with Dynomax mufflers, sound was close to stock, power and milage were the same as stock. The mufflers lasted two years and rusted out. ( they use lots of salt over there) I replaced them with Thrush turbo mufflers, sound was louder but not annoying like the stang. Mileage and power stayed the same. I returned last summer and had everything returned to stock to meet emissions. Nice and quite no change in milage or power. Hope this rambling helps you out.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome