Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Jeep Tj Probs ?????
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 12:26 AM
edmund74

Jeep Tj Probs ?????

I currently own a 97' TJ SE. It has a 4" superlift suspension and 33" BF AT's. Here's my prob:

One night about three weeks ago, I was mud ridding. I wound up bogging my jeep down in some water and it cut off. In a panic I tried to start it again but nothing happened (and I was the stupid one for that) after pulling her out she would not even turn over. I tried to jump it but nothing, I even tried to clutch start it but the tires only slid across the ground. I finally got it started by manually turning the engine over with a wench. I knew I got water in the engine b/c I could see the milky white oil. I changed the oil and oil filter until the oil was normal and replaced the spark plugs, distributor and rotor. The problem is that when I drive at a constant speed the engine hesitates and jumps back and forth like itís missing very bad. The only time it doesnít do this is when Iím either accelerating a lot or not on the accelerator at all. I cannot figure out what is wrong and any info would be great. Thanks

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome