Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - THE LIFT IS OFF!
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
AJMBLAZER
Mud in my Veins

Re: THE LIFT IS OFF!

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, been busy. Work and such.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I think I really am going to send the shi...........lift kit back to them in a box. Have to make sure they don't think it's a bomb though.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Box is still sitting there full of old parts and the lift, so I gotta sort through it. I am going to put a note in there detailing all of the crap this stupid kit has put me through and cost me. I would recommend their 4" IFS lift to other people, BUT NOT this kit. I also know their 1.5" Toyota Tacoma kit SUCKS BALLS, yet their 1.5" S10 kit is the hot stuff for S10's. They seem to make good stuff and garbage all at the same time.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] If I'm lucky I'll get a letter of apology out of it. If I'm REALLY lucky they'll compensate me for all my troubles with it[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].....................YEAH RIGHT!!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img].............

It's not driving completely straight yet. I forgot to get the bracket that the idler arm attaches to the frame with (the actual part the "2 bolt" or "3 bolt" refers to), so he couldn't put the new idler arm on yet. I'm waiting on it to get here from Wisconsin, they seem to be low on them nationaly.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I just took the 1.5" blocks out of the rear. So it's sitting slightly butt low now. Going to "decrank" the torsions a little tomorrow. It goes in next week whenever my idler arm bracket EVENTUALLY shows up. Then Brian over at ORM can install his adapter bracket and the new Moog 3 bolt idler arm.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Then it will steer SO much nicer. It rides a lot better now, and the front seems to have some actual travel to it now. Stock height with Rancho uprated torsion bars might have something to do with that.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Shotgun, well, they've only got like 20,000 miles on them, but if you want to know if they are any good or not, no they aren't. They suck, but they're still on the truck. I'm just waiting for the cash to miraculously appear in my bank account for me to afford Bilstein HD's on all 4 corners.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] That could take a while.

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome