Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Which suspension for CJ?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 04:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Which suspension for CJ?

yeah check the other thread it should get you started. I think pro-comp has gotten to bad of a rep, it may not be the best but it is not all bad. Flex it up some to break in the springs, make sure the bushings are lubed, shackles are not over tight, take off the sway bar and it will help alot. Maybe get some different shocks that are softer than the ones that come with the lift (9000s would be nice) and I don't think it would be bad. All that to say if you can scrounge up the cash the best kit from what I have gathered as far is perfomance is the extreme duty rubicon express, that is the most complete kit and performance. It is a little more expensive than most kits though. I have heard that the soft rides ride goood, no doubt better than pro-comp. I think it would help if you say what you want performance, ride comfort or best deal for the money. I think I have heard that the BDS lift is a good lift for the money. I'm sure some people will disagree with me, but thats the beauty of this board. I can only relay what I have read and from my first hand experience with pro-comp.

David Sanders
http://www.geocities.com/david_sanders_79/jeep.htm

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome