Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - engine temperature
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2000, 10:17 PM
The_Sandman_454

Re: engine temperature

You'll be able to tell where the idle mixture adjustment screw is on the front of the carb... You must remove the carb for this: I believe all you will need to do is find a drill bit of the appropriate size, and drill in there until you get access to the screw, I doubt that the filler material is all the way in around the screw... Couldn't hurt to try anyway. Is it a metal type substance, or a plastic? Make sure you center punch it to be sure and get the center of the hole... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I heard of this before... You might want to check with your local mechanic to find out what the deal is with it, and if that'll work.. Another thing to check first, is that your choke opens up all the way when it's warm... But I agree I don't like the Varijunk much either, but I just got myself a rebuilt unit (Holley rebuilt it so we'll see how it works, by the way, all the stuff is labled, and it's supposedly pre-adjusted also the idle mixture isn't sealed.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]) I'll give a report of Holley's rebuild job on this Rochester carb when I have ran it for a little while (It'll be ready to fire up tomorrow, minus 99.999% of the emissions junk... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img])

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome