Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - CV Boots
Thread: CV Boots
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2000, 04:11 PM
The_Sandman_454

Re: CV Boots

The place I got my tires at took notice of my ball joints, the idler arm, and such, and gave me an estimate of around $600 for all of that.. I picked up some Spicer (Dana) parts from Pep Boys, upper and lower ball joints, and the idler and pitman arms, I'll probably get some tie rods and new bushings for the A-arms as well... I'll still be way under what their estimate said, and I might even get myself a new press (figure since I'm saving all that cash on labor, I deserve at least one new toy... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img])... I'm sure there's actually a ton of stuff that a press could be used for to simply quite a few projects... Especially if I ever get into stuff like tranny rebuild, and things such as that... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

(On a side note, remember the sledge hammer does have a few good uses... In high school, I used it for a "front fender removal tool" on a friend's car... A friend of mine brought his '79 T-bird into the auto shop, and we had a substitute teacher... The 12lb sledge wasn't the most effective tool I could think of to remove the fender, but it was the most fun tool I had at the time... My friend was right there watching, I asked him for permission and I think he hit me and called that a stupid question and said of course I could take off the fender with the sledge, he even brought the sledge out to me... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] When we got all the glass and stuff out of the car we got out the Oxy-acetylene torches and cut it into little pieces... That's the most fun I've ever had with a car... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I'm not advocating this (at least if you don't have the permission of the owner of the vehicle)...)

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome