Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Chevy S10 Starting Problems
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2000, 12:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Chevy S10 Starting Problems

Just some thoughts off the top of my head. Possible problems could be: a bad starter motor, a battery w/o enough juice to power the starter, and/or an alternator which puts out too little amps to charge the battery. If your battery doesn't have enough power or isn't getting charged, the problem would be especially noticeable in cold weather. Of course you've probably already checked all that. Also, I don't know if your carb has an idle adjuster, but if it does, you might play with it. Last thing, when you say cold, what temperatures are you talking about. I have a 96' S-10 in great shape, but anytime the temperature is below freezing, I need to turn the ignition switch at least twice to get it going.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Steven Fairchild [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] <font color=green> 96' S-10 4x4 </font color=green> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome