Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Rental Car Article
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2000, 08:26 PM
The_Sandman_454

Re: Rental Car Article

My main point is that that article, in my opinion probably shouldn't be on a respectable online magazine, such as ORC... (If us off roaders get a worse image as a result of it, I'm about convinced our sport will be banned... At least with the current administration)... I realize, sometimes rentals are abused and stuff, but do you guys sneak them back to the rental place, or get the insurance they offer on it, and come right out and state that it's damaged? I would hope you tell 'em, especially if it was safety related like in the article... (I typed the previous part before I re-read your post and saw that you guys definitely pay for the damage and I didn't want all that typing I just did to go to waste...) Yeah, in your case it is much better to use the rental since you don't sneak 'em back, and try to avoid paying for damages... Especially since the company won't pay for damage on yours...

But my opposition to the article is it kills our image, and it's definitely not a safe thing to do/appear to endorse... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome