Off Roading Forums banner

Tire selection for Y2K S-10

806 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  J.R. 
G
#1 ·
I just got a 2000 S-10, auto, reg.cab, 3.42 posi. It came with Goodyear Wrangler RT/S 235 tires, but I have found these don't work too well off-road. I would like your advise and opinions oh what is a really good on/off road tire. I was looking at the BFG A/T KO's and the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S, both of which come in the 235 size. And what about Pirelli Scorpions A/T tire. I have seen some bone stock Range Rovers do some pretty amazing stuff off road wtih these meats. Any imput would be great. Have Fun!

DJ

#3 ·
I got myself a set of Cooper Discoverer STT's... They make 'em in 235/75/15 size among other sizes... http://www.coopertires.com/tire_locator/tiredata.asp?tireID=28

Here's a pic of the tire:

Haven't had these tires in mud yet, hopefully sometime soon, but I have had 'em in the snow, and on the regular road, and they're great... Maybe a little noisy if you're used to car style tires, but if you've had some moderately aggressive tires for a little while you probably won't notice it... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Oops, I forgot to add a link to the thread I had a while back about that size tires... Here's the link to that thread

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

#4 ·
True. I have NEVER had a problem with BFG's (I still have the older AT's). Last time I saw a GoodYear Wrangler, we were patching up cholla cactus holes every thirty minutes, up to about four times. The sidewalls just wouldn't hold up!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif- J.R. -/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.