Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - Variable Venturi Carbs
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2000, 10:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Variable Venturi Carbs

Hey Guys any body know anything about Fords variable venturi carbs. My 82 had one stock from the factory and I can not get the truck to run right with this carb. I had the EEC-III ignition system but have since axed that in favor of the older duraspark 2 system. When we made this change the original computer was taken off line and I was wondering if the computer controlled the carb. The truck is running so rich that the plugs last about 20 minutes with the truck idling before they are black and sooty and unusable. Is there any adjustment or should I trash the carb for an older 2 barrel or would the 302 run better with a small 4 barrel. I am leaning towards the 4 barrel but here are my engine specs. The motor is a 302 bored .040 over with stock heads and a 204/214 cam grind. I will be putting headers on this summer as well. If anybody has any thoughts, I would appreciate any insight to this problem. Thanks

Mudd

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]If it's stuck, force it! If it break's,it needed replacing anyway!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome