Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups - View Single Post - 302 to 351 enigine swap for an 89 Frod Bronco
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2000, 09:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 302 to 351 enigine swap for an 89 Frod Bronco

I asked the same question some time ago on this bulletin board, and had mixed input. Although, one person said that the 5.8 was an option in Bronco's, and this leads me to believe that a 5.8 351W will indeed fit into your '89 and my '91. It would just need the computer (ECC) from the donar. And if you have the E4OD tranny, the the donar vehicle will have to have the same.

I am about to check with a salvage yard here in Gainsville, GA that has nothing but trucks/SUV's in it. If I can verify that the 351W 5.8L will indeed fit in my '91 then I will be sure to post the facts.

According to a book called High Performance Ford Engine Parts Interchange 221-CID to 460-CID, it says that the 351 5.8L has the same tranny housing/engine bolt pattern. Which suggest that dropping in a 351W 5.8L would be no problem.

Then again, I will not know until I go look at one and see for myself. It seems that not many people have done this on this bulletin board. But I will keep all interested - posted!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome